Creative Lighting in St. Paul is looking for a full-time customer service representative who brings energy, versatility, and strong interpersonal skills to our team. We are a family-owned lighting showroom serving retail and trade clients since 1926. Our commitment to quality ensures clients receive exceptional advice, service, products and value.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Order entry and tracking.
- Problem solving and resolution.
- Building relationships and earning trust through exceptional follow-up and service to all retail and trade clients.
- Supporting store goals and collaborating with co-workers with a positive attitude and team approach.
- This full-time position includes Thursdays from 12-8pm (our only late evening of the week) and Saturdays from 9-5pm. (We are closed on Sundays.)
A good candidate should have strong personal drive and communication skills, as well as a commitment to continued learning and professional development. Priorities for this position are listening to and assisting customers- in the store, on the phone and via e-mail- to achieve overall customer satisfaction. Multi-tasking, being detail-oriented and being able to work in a fast-paced environment are essential. We will provide any necessary training.
Please send resumes and inquires to Katie Bohr at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The month of June is always an exciting time for the Creative Lighting team as we make our second trip of the year to Lightovation in Dallas, Texas. From floor to ceiling, this lighting marketplace is always filled with a broad range of new product designs to embrace and the latest in lighting technology to see. We arrive with eager minds, long wish-lists and comfortable walking shoes…as it is, in all of it’s glory, a lighting shopping marathon.
In a recent blog post, David gave us his pre-market thoughts and wishes as he prepared for the trip to Lightovation. Freshly back from market, he now shares some bright reflections about what the Creative Lighting team discovered while in Dallas last month.
THE FINISH LINE-
While anticipating an abundance of gold combination finishes, we were also met with many new finish offerings combining brushed nickel with black and zinc-colored metals. This fresh color combo breathes some life into the brushed nickel world, which desperately needed a little pick-me-up. “While I loved seeing all of the gold finish offerings on many new product designs, it was also refreshing to see manufacturers come up with a new way to incorporate nickel metals again- I loved it.” states David.
FLUSHED AND FAVORED-
Finding new flush and semi-flush mount ceiling fixtures for our showroom was at the top our our list while heading into Dallas last month, and we were not disappointed with what we encountered. New options awaited us at many of our favorite vendors: HINKLEY, TROY, FEISS, CAPITAL, HUDSON VALLEY and QUOIZEL all had exciting new releases for us to take in. “We found lots of great new options in these categories,” said David. One of the crowd favorites? The Harrow semi-flush from Feiss– an expansion item to an already popular family that is sleek, transitional and available in two different sizes and finishes. Troy and Hudson Valley Lighting also wowed us with their Allure and Harrison series, both of these available in- you guessed it… GOLD!
[ Read More…]
Give us your tired, your dated, your lighting longing to be replaced-
We will give one lucky winner $500!
Creative Lighting is launching our Third Annual Ugly Light Fixture Contest. That’s right, you could WIN A $500 Creative Lighting gift certificate by simply snapping a picture of your current out-of-date item and e-mailing it to us!
1. Take a picture of the light fixture in your home you desperately need changed.
2. Email it to us at email@example.com and tell us why you feel your light deserves to bear the title of Ugliest Light Fixture.
3. Read Contest Rules and watch for updates throughout the duration of the contest.
4. Like and Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+ for a chance to see your submission featured!
[ Read More…]